Rethinking the employment and social inclusion of young Mediterranean people through sustainable development
The RESMYLE project will be implemented from September 1, 2019 to August 30, 2022; its objective is to rethink the employment and social integration of young Mediterranean people through sustainable development based on 2 findings:
- The growing difficulties of professional integration of young people and in particular NEETS (young people between 15 and 24 years old who are neither in school, nor in training nor in employment) in the Mediterranean
- The growing challenges of environmental protection in the Mediterranean and the new opportunities it can create given the lack of skills in several areas: waste, recycling, mobility, risk prevention etc.
The lines of intervention of the project are:
- Environmental education by training youth workers to integrate sustainable development into social inclusion programs (awareness raising, professional project, etc.) and support for projects to mobilize young people on the environment.
- Practical training through intercultural field training for young people, capitalization of methods of organizing and conducting intercultural educational workshops for social workers, carrying out work-schools on sustainable development and the organization of intercultural mobility in environmental NGOs.
- Support for the creation of businesses by setting up eco-incubators that will support eco-innovative projects by training and following these eco-entrepreneurs.
The beneficiaries of the project are:
- 700 young NEETs
- 300 young graduates looking for work in the field of sustainable development
- 100 social workers or educators
- 25 Mediterranean players involved in environmental issues
The project is implemented thanks to the financial support of the European Union through the European Neighbourhood Instrument for cross-border cooperation for the Mediterranean Sea Basin (ENI CFT Med) and in partnership with:
- CFLC: Consorzio Formazione Lavoro e Cooperazione Società Cooperativa, Genoa - Italy
- AMESCI: Associazione Di Promozione Sociale, Naples - Italy
- Union APARE-CME: Union Association for Regional Participation and Action - Mediterranean Center for the Environment, L’Isle sur la Sorgue - France
- ADR: Association for Aid to Rural Development, Beirut - Lebanon
- AERE: Association of Education Relative to the Environment of Hammamet, Hammamet - Tunisia
- JCI: Junior Economic Chamber of Tunisia, Tunis - Tunisia
- ISSTE: Higher Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technologies of Borj Cedria, Ben Arous, Tunisia
- JUST: Jordan University of Sciences and Technology, Irbid - Jordan
Total budget of RESMYLE: 2.1 million €
EU Contribution: 1.9 million € (90% of co-financing)